July 3, 20130
Well, we are almost done with our first project with the excavation; all we have left is a little corner. We still are unaware of what the room was used for, but hopefully will get some ideas in a few days. We found the usual pottery shards, glass, nails and bones. We may have uncovered something interesting… we will have to find out about that tomorrow. As the days go by the dig gets easier, and the days seem to go by faster. I’m beginning to pick up and recognize the differences in the pottery and rocks. My hands and arms are still really sore, but no worries, I will keep on trucking. Today was the first day of lab training; it’s a whole lot more simple than what I was anticipating. It’s pretty much weighing, labeling and categorizing what we found. I’m really looking forward to finding more and exciting things. Until tomorrow!